Saturday 15 November 2014

Circular No 680









Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 15 of November 2014 No. 680
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
You have to listen:
Then, here is some old correspondence on the planning that took place to make the TT visit successful in 2006.
These emails have not been published before.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Chandra Teelucksingh
Jun 5, 2009
Good Morning, Ladislao,
Many thanks for your e-mails. 
I am sorry that I could not make it back to Trinidad in time to meet you. After speaking to you the Saturday, the back problem that I suffer with acted up and I had to stay in Guyana (of all places medically) until the following Thursday. Additionally, I didn't know, until speaking to u, about the dinner on Saturday.
I will check into the numbers in the cemetery.
I am restarting going to daily mass on Monday.
I just read, in the Guyana Chronicle, that Anthony Vieira sold his TV station.
Regards
Chandra
(The cemetery numbering system was remedied in 2014, by a donation, EDITOR)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 16:46:28 -0700
From: kertesz14@yahoo.com
Dear Chandra,
I went to the Cemetery and found to my astonishment that there are no names but just numbers.
I may understand that once died we become a number in a ledger, but what is the real reason??
Can you make inquiries, maybe it is the bylaws of the OSB??.
Interesting story for the CIRCULAR !!!!
Can you help ???
God Bless
Ladislao
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 18:50:43 -0700
From: kertesz14@yahoo.com
Dear Chandra,
My planned visit to TT is getting close, shall be around the weekend of the 14 to 20 of May.
Maybe we can get together as I have in my plans to go to a Mass at the Abbey.
I believe that there is one in the morning on Sunday??
I have to meet the Abbot, maybe and the other clergy.
Buy a book??
See the cemetery, if possible and who knows what.
Of course time is limited but I have not made any schedule, I am as schedule goes.
God bless,
Ladislao
--------------------------------------------- .
Chandra Teelucksingh <chandrateelucksingh@hotmail.com> wrote:
Date: Sunday, March 8, 2009, 5:42 AM
Hi Ladislao,
Dave (equipus77@hotmail.com) is living between Argentina and TnT and is trading in South American manufactured goods.
He has three daughters from his first marriage and 2 from his second.
Allan, is recovering from open heart surgery and is taking things quiet.
He has no e-mail. Allan has 1 daughter.
Chris, is living in Toronto and I am as yet to pinpoint what he is doing.
He has 2 sons and 1 daughter
I am living in T'dad and am a consultant on regional trade.
Also, taking on a new challenge (even at 51 years old) and starting to manufacture household cleaning products.
I am still unmarried and no children.
I used to go to the Abbey every morning (have not been since Dec '08 though due to some health issues) for Mass.
Will start back soon.
Best wishes
Chandra
-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 04:19:35 -0800
From: kertesz14@yahoo.com
Dear Chandra,
Your Youtube msg was great laughs. Thank you.
Please do not forget to write a two liner for your brothers.
Ladislao
----- Forwarded Message --------------------------------------------------
From: Laci Kertesz kertesz14@yahoo.com
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 9:56:44 PM
Dear Chandra,
Please give me some inside news on where and what your brothers are doing??
The Circular needs your help
God Bless
Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Chandra Teelucksingh chandrateelucksingh@hotmail.com
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 3:51:04 PM
Hi Ladislao,
Yes, I am an Abbey Alumnus, as are four of my brothers before me, Keith (Bunny), Christopher, Allan and Dave.
I was at the Abbey from 1968 (in the then newly formed Prep class) until form 5.
You will get my e-mail address from this transmission.
I have been chatting with Paul Quesnel and he thinks that the Alumni association need support.
If we can harness the collective talents of the old boys, we are indeed a force.
Years ago, I met a gentleman in Caracas, Pedro Castro who claimed that he was an Abbey Old Boy, years before me and he did assist Bunny in a problem where someone stole his money in a business deal.
He also told us that the Abbey Alumni in Caracas have frequent meetings and if I have more info, I would love to visit.
Regards
Chandra 
(Pedro is one of the old boys who assists in all the dinners. EDITOR)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Michael Howard
May 24, 2009
Dear Ladislao,
Thanks for your kind thoughts.  How did you make out at Piarco, did you meet anyone?
Regards,
Michael
----- Original Message -----
From: Laci Kertesz
Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2009 10:00 AM
Dear Michael,
Thank you for coming to the dinner, it was good to see you after so many years.
I have not downloaded the photos as yet, but when I do I shall send you the good ones.
I am sorry that neither Roger nor Herrera could come.  Please mention that to them.
Unfortunately, time was short and I had my time scheduled by Chris and company.
Next year is our 50th anniversary, can you help out???
There is no date set but one has to be set so that as many of the kids can attend.
God Bless
Ladislao
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Michael Howard msh@tstt.net.tt
Date: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 12:53 AM
 Home   (868)  622  3537
Mobile  (868)  357 3285
Looking forward to seeing you Saturday evening.
Michael.
----- Original Message -----
From: Laci Kertesz
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:44 PM
Dear Michael,
Here is the latest on my visit to TT.
Please send me your telf. number so that I may call you.
Ladislao
---------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Chris Knowles knowlescb@hotmail.com
Date: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 2:44 AM
Dear Ladislao,
The present agenda for your visit is as follows.
Friday 15th: Arrive 11.20am Piarco, Evening get together with some Old Boys.
Saturday 16th: 1.00pm Meeting with Committee members at Dennis Gurley's office to discuss matters relating to the proposed Association constitution.
7.30pm Dinner at China Palace Restaurant with many Old Boys, including some 1960 classmates
Sunday 17th: 7.00am Fishing trip down the islands and North Coast. (Small Group).
Monday 18th: Your Visit to the Airport (during the day). 4.30pm Committee Meeting (at Omega Pest Control office at 'My Office at Uptown Mall', Edward Street, POS.) to discuss the use of existing social networking media, aims, content and related matters.
Tuesday 19th: 10.00am Trip to Toco with Joe Berment and others.
Wednesday 20th: Visit to the Mount.
Thursday 21st: Leave from Piarco at 7.00am.
If there are any changes or additions that you wish please let us know either by email or when you arrive.
We look forward to seeing you.
Chris.
---------------------------------------------------------------------.
Chris Knowles
Jun 17, 2009
Dear Ladislao,
1. I will be getting a suitable camera later this week (I do not possess such a thing!), and will then be able to visit MAC (Charles Gordon) and take a few photos. At the same time I will see about getting a CD. In addition I will try to get photos of JEAN.
2. At the Queens Park Oval (not the Savannah) we met Tilson Tang, the older brother of Norman and Peter, all Old Boys.
3. I will let you know about the Guest House rate in a few days.
4. You are right about who was at the dinner, and Jimmy and Peter were not there, but I do believe that D’Ornellas was there.
5. I have been trying to meet an Old Boy Ken Persad to get information about the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd MSB Scout Troops, and King and Queen Scouts, but Ken is a difficult man to pin down. I will persist! Also, I have been told that Fr. Cuthbert may have some of the old records, so I will be paying him a visit soon.
The TT Boy Scouts Association people were very helpful when I visited them, but unfortunately their records are in the slow process of being computerised and not readily accessible during such a short visit as mine. I shall return there.
6. Our Sunday meeting was poorly attended, and so matters were not widely enough discussed, so there will be another one before the end of the month.
If there is anything else outstanding that I have not covered please remind me so I can deal with it.
God Bless,
Chris.
----------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 19:17:09 -0700
From: kertesz14@yahoo.com
Dear Chris,
Thank you, the rest I know and there were no others besides George Laquis, Jon Golding.
I do not remember D´Ornellas as I would have talked about my son to him.
Also Jimmy and Peter were not there, or they would have been in the photos.
The total was 12 including me.
Was there an attendance list, maybe not?
Please correct me if wrong.
I have a writer block, but soon with the photos I shall get along.
Now, I can get at least one of the Circular out.
I wonder if you have an answer to the other email???
Thanks,
Ladislao
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Chris Knowles knowlescb@hotmail.com
Date: Sunday, June 14, 2009, 8:39 PM
Dear Ladislao, 
09LK1771 = Roger Gioannetti, Chris Knowles, Michael Howard. 
09LK1772 = Dion Fakory, David Pampellonne, Gordon Mitchell. 
09LK1778 = Kelvin Khan & Richard Farah. In the back is Joe Berment-McDowald. 
At the dinner were:
Those already mentioned, plus Michael D'Ornellas and George Laquis, who 'visited' the dinner. 
Jimmy Samaroo and Peter Sammy were there, and perhaps Dennis Gurley - I'm not sure. 
I am at this moment preparing for the committee meeting in a few hours. 
I will email the outcome tomorrow evening. 
Until Tomorrow. 
Chris. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 18:15:01 -0700
From: kertesz14@yahoo.com
Dear Chris,
I have not been able to write to you sooner.
Thank you again for your assistance in making my visit a success.
I am trying to write about the dinner but I do not have the list of attendance, can you get it?? But I have the photos.
So I am sending them to you to identify and help my memory.
Can you do it today??? 
God bless
Ladislao
------------------------------------------------------------------.
Photos:
Bandit.p05 the early times
03SC1964DGOSCO, Donald Goddard and Salvador Coscarart
08CT0001CTE, Chandra Teelucksingh
09LK1776TTVISITDINNER, Joe Berment, Michael Howard, George Laquis, Ladislao Kertesz





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.