Saturday 2 August 2014

Circular No 665









Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 2 of August 2014 No. 665
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Here are some emails that I have not published because of the REUNION and other important matters.
I am including them in the Circular because their authors did make an effort to write and should be rewarded.
See also:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Tim Mew MHC <tim-mew@bigpond.com>
Date: 2013/8/13
Subject: RE: OUR LEGACY
To Ladislao and Nigel,
There is no way we can repay you for your time, the care, dedication and effort it has taken over so many years to keep the MSB old boys’ network alive.
Without you both we would have lost a lot of memories, old friendships renewed through emails etc. and contact with our MSB school friends and now life mates.
The years roll on and I will keep opening the data base to know that you are still with us Nigel and to Ladislao although I cannot recollect you both from the Mount, you have come alive in your newsletters and when we have spoken on the phone / Skype.
Thank you so very much and we would welcome you in Melbourne Australia and our hospitality is open to your visit, as and when you may care to travel so far “Down Under”.
This year end I will be 72 and also wonder where the years have gone, but they have been happy, kind and rewarding to us as a family.
Cheers Tim [Mew] and also for my wife Gail & family now numbering 17 including six grand’s.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Nigel Boos [mailto:nigelboos@eagles-wings.ca] 
Sent: Wednesday, 14 August 2013 1:31 AM
Shish,
I believe you've raised an interesting point. It seems that, after some 13 years (is it that long already) of correspondence and various mini-reunions, visits from one or other OB to a group of other OB's somewhere or the other in this wide world, we've either run out of steam, interest, ideas, or whatever, and, having met all and sundry of our compadres,
we're satisfied that all's well with the world and we can now safely hang up our spurs until another Ladislao Kertesz emerges, in a couple of years down the road, and starts the whole ball o' wax rolling again.
Trouble is, that in another couple of years, many of us who are still around won't be around no more and our dusty old database will be filled with lotsa gray lines and R.I.P.'s.
It's really a shame that so few have chosen to participate in the open discussions we've tried to stimulate over the years, but we've done something that very few educational establishments have managed to do, and I'm very proud of my MSB OB's who have jumped in and got wet.
Is it that most everyone believes that the job of re-connecting is the responsibility of one or two individuals - that the organizing of various little functions have become the "job" of "someone else"?
This is wrong! It's the job of everyone involved as an OB of MSB to keep in touch, to reach out, to organize little get-togethers, and to stimulate each other to write, to plan, to take action. 
It has been a real pleasure for me to have been involved with the OB's and for a few years, to re-live the fun, the pain, the mistakes, the friendship, the memories of what it was like to have been a student at the Abbey School.
I will never forget those wonderful, care-free days of my youth, the camaraderie of my friends, learning to play tennis, to swim, to hike up and down those hills sometimes three times a week, the volleyball games, the scouting, the library, the water shortages when a truck had to drive up the hill with water for us to brush our teeth at night, and so on, and of course, most importantly, the opportunity to deepen my faith.
I thank everyone for all their inputs and I wish you all continued success in whatever you do, happiness wherever you go, health in all your days and the grace of final perseverance.
I am offering you all once more, a link to our database.
Please hold onto it and store it somewhere on your computers.
I shall hold the file open on my computer so that whenever you wish to see if there have been any changes, all you'd have to do is click on the link again and you'll have the updates. 
And if one day, you find that the database is inaccessible, then, take it from me, I'll be dead.
Nigel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2013-08-13, at 7:49 AM, A Mickiewicz wrote:
I have found in life that it is a healthy process to reflect on different aspects in life as our memories dim with time. 
Applying this thought process to the Abbey School, the following comes to mind in no order of importance:
Difficult for me to believe that I graduated 51 years ago.....time does fly
Do have mostly positive memories of my 6 years there
Very thankful for the great job our leaders have accomplished in keeping us informed through the different communication mechanisms
Proud that most “boys” have succeeded in their personal lives
Sad that some of our friends have had tremendously difficult challenges and faced great personal tragedies
The Circle of Life is certainly accelerating to its end – a very few of our teachers are still alive and the number of old boys still with us continues to decrease 
We are running out of topics and memories to discuss relating to “the good ole days”
My perception is that those interested in our heritage, roots and bonds seems to be a minority based on “visible” evidence
We are currently represented in all continents of the world.......an astonishing accomplishment coming from a very small island in the Caribbean
Still try to be a good Christian and person based on the religious principles that I gained at the Mount
Happy to receive and read the different communications that we receive every week
I invite each person to share with us their personal reflections; love to hear from you.
May God bless you and yours,
George (Yury, Shish)
-----------------------------------------------------------------.
From: mckoy43glen@hotmail.com
Subject: FW: Welcome To The Higher Realm.
My Dear Brother George, Nigel & The Invisible Tribe Lost In Time.
Thank you for this one my friends, every email has its time, today & now it’s this one.
Please my brothers, take a look at the bottom of this email, this is what inspires me to do the little I do, I cherish some of the best times of my life, I do this for those reasons, I had a good friend in our band on the Mount, The Cosmic Vibes, he did the electrical, fixing amps, soldering speaker wires etc. for our band on the mount, his name was Pascal Bharath, he was a true Mount boy, however he died so young and a broken man, but if he was around he would be right here, well he is, I am here for him. 
My best Venezuelan buddy Eloy Moffie, also died too young, this is the guy that made me speak out for my Venezuelan brothers, because on the Mount, this guy would speak out for,
I do not have the answers, to the questions some may ask for, however we are the ones they will speak of 40 yrs. from now, how our group will be, I don't know, what they will represent I don't know, but I have members on this email now, that will be here 40 yrs. from now. 
They are quiet now, out of respect they let us the older ones talk our heads off ha! ha! but I have faith, trust me, their time to represent will come, and I know the will. So according to my calculation we only have 40 yrs.
So please do not speak off the death of our Alumni so quickly, let’s bring this up in 40 yrs.  
I have read all that you gentle men have ever written, with regards to this unique group we represent.
George, Nigel & the others that sits in our Highest Circle, are pure of heart and soul, the joy we wish for this Alumni is bigger than most would ever know,
I too like you, have dreamt of the great physical reunion, but in reality our logistics makes this exceedingly difficult to materialize.  
However I feel our wish, presented itself in many small reunions, which I would say, is a mission Accomplished.
God Bless that we speak of something that is Invisible.
Yours Faithfully, 
Glen McKoy. 
Long Live The Mount.  Long Live The Club.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Glen Mckoy
Aug 18, 2013
Hello Don,   
As a member of an Invisible Tribe on this planet, I find this interesting & fascinating. 
So many cultures before us, that wrote of guidance from beings from the sky.   
With so many planets and so many galaxies in our universe, it seems only logical, of these possibilities. 
Then again we thought the world was flat and if we sailed to the end, we would fall off.
I believe that if this is true, they must be much more intelligent than us. 
We may look like disorganized children running around fighting each other, I am not worried about these space travellers, who may be just collecting resources, repairing their vessels etc., taking back dna data etc., and trying their best not to encounter these warring tribes, of decedents they may have left behind a long, long time ago, during their many mining operations that took place over thousands of years.
Don, I am sending this one around, don't be surprised if we get some strange replies, ha! ha!.
Thank you for opening up our minds to outside of our little planet earth. 
Cheers, 
Glen.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: idmitch@anguillanet.com
Subject: This is no joke
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 18:35:28 -0400
This is no joke.
This is a highly respected man speaking here.
Since they have apparently been amongst us for thousands of years, I suppose there is nothing to worry about.
Don :-)
----------------------------------------------------------------.
Father Harold Imamshah
Dec 21, 2013
The Exorcisms and minor exorcisms (deliverances) continued in my days as a monk and I did witness one or 2 episodes when asked to be part of the Prayer team.
I learnt much from Fr. Leo Van Lleuwen before he died and put much of his advice (and that of Bishop John Mendes who was trained by him) in later years in this Exorcism/Deliverance Ministry in Ohio, Louisiana, Michigan and Mexico and in one case in Haiti.
Guys, let me invite you this Christmas to put aside 10 minutes starting from the time you read this email, each day for the next 9 days at Noon or 6pm to pray for an increase in vocations to the Monastic Life, so that our dear Monastery could continue to be a Centre for prayer for the Trinidad and Tobago and the rest of the Caribbean.
God bless you and your families this Christmas; I will remember you in my Christmas Masses at the Church of the Nativity, Crystal Stream and St. Anthony's, Petit Valley. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------.
Glen Mckoy
Aug 25, 2013
Hello Garnet,   
Thank you for this information which I will pass on to Ladislao & Nigel. 
It doesn’t sound good anyhow, and is another Mount Boy. 
I can't believe this, last week, we had three weddings and a funeral.  
The next email I get, I hope is good news, or I'll be taking time off from the Club, on stress leave, ha! ha!  
This Old Boy, David de Boemler-1955-1961,…living in Australia, please any information on him will be appreciated.  
We just want to know, so we can place the right names, in the empty spaces, on the many class photos, we do have. 
On this never ending list.
Please keep Nigel informed. 
He is the List Maker. 
Cheers Amigos-
Adios, 
Glen.
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: garnetdiaz@gmail.com
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 15:52:50 -0400
Don't even bother asking me why I was looking through Death announcements,…..
Just a bit of that psychic thing I guess,…
Had just been reading Angelo's latest posting on VMoTT about Woodbrook,…
Continued on to the rest of the Guardian online and ended up on said death announcements,….
Double check with Laszlo on this,…..
Gordon Edward Farah,.. brother of Richard (Mousy),… Mon-July 22nd,… wife Michele,… children Damian, Jeremy, Andrew and Jennefer.
Also Ernest Jr….. Aka Ernie Woon Sam,… Fri., July 26th-Florida…….
Now I'm not sure,… but it could have been "Froggy",….. he might have been Eric Woon Sam,….
If Laz isn't sure,… Mr. Samaroo would be able to verify,….. wouldn't want to bury anyone before their time!!
Forgot to mention,…. he may or may not be on the list,… might not even want to be on the list,… discovered David de Boemler-1955-1961,… living in Australia,.
Sent him a message,… but with the 12hr time differential,.
He should be sleeping about now!!
------------------------------------------------------------------.
Photos:
6003 East St. George Sports Event p23
13GE1532GEV, Glen Evelyn
11LM0002LME, Luciano Mellone
74TH7017THE, Timothy Healy







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.